Monday, September 24, 2012

Journal: Adventure

Today
Out my window: 59 and sunny. Beautiful fall day.

Clothing myself in: Black yoga pants and brown long-sleeved t-shirt from Jackson Hole, WY.  I miss Jackson. Well, not the town specifically, but the area.

Around the house: Switching out the kid's summer/ winter clothes in a not so timely fashion, so clothes tubs are strewn around the house.  It is driving me crazy.  And there is also more animal fur than I can keep up with.  Sigh.

The baby: Has been getting up in the five o'clock hour for the last week *yawn*.  Not cool, George, not cool.

The kiddos: We have been discussing Halloween costumes the last few days.  I think they are all set on being characters from Star Wars.  This has made some lively dinner discussions.

Crafting: I made George an earflap hat using the same yarn as these pants  Super cute.  Finished the body of my sweater, started knitting the sleeves.

In the kitchen: Trying to tighten up our food expenditures, so we trying to use up things from our cabinets: on the menu: fish tacos, white chicken chili, I am making lasagna for my birthday on Thursday.  We picked a 1/2 bushel of apples at an orchard yesterday, so some apple related yumminess is in our near future- apple pie, apple crisp, applesauce.

Bringing me joy: Gorgeous fall leaves in red, orange, yellow.  Taking a drive and winding up at an orchard picking apples. My little family, particularly my husband.

Thinking about: How I want a nap and then I might be able to think about things other than napping :P

Pictures to share:  I may have posed the next two.  I love Joe.

Beauty.


2 comments:

mary said...

your around the house made me smile because i'm in the process of switching as well, but lost my steam. all of our storage boxes got moved from upstairs to the "basement" and i thinned several out. i just need to finish, but right now, i'm just avoiding the boys' room instead.

cute pics of joe and delle.

Erika Marie said...

Ha! Loved the 'posed' pics, they made me laugh.
Our house is getting messier and messier, the idea of switching out clothes is enough to make me panick. I'll just keep my kids home and put the heater on this winter. ;)