I have been saying since June that I would post pictures of master bedroom since we repainted it. And that obviously hasn't happened yet. My dresser (out of shot to the right of these pictures) needs cleaned off and dusted before it is picture-worthy, but I am going to go for it anyways. There are a few other things that need changing/ updating in the room, but if I wait, pictures may never happen.
The accent wall and window wall. The remainder of the walls are the same color as the window wall. That color was supposed to be grey, but it turned out more bluish than I was anticipating, particularly the way it reflects the Tiffany Blue. Oh well.
I like the white woodwork. But the windows are very hard to open now, even though we tried to be meticulous in not getting paint on the part that slides up and down. So I think that will be the only windows we paint white.
That ceiling fan is the next thing to be updated- probably next spring.
I love the bedspread, but I am not in love with the headboard. But it seemed slightly more adult than no headboard at all. I would really like to upholster my own headboard and fix it to the wall at some point. We are going to get some nice art and family pics and put them up on the walls at some point.So there is the master bedroom teaser. Maybe in another six months I will post more pictures of it?
5 comments:
Your pace of home improvements is still impressive, even though I've been waiting for SUCH a long time ;)
I really like the wall color, and the bedspread is so pretty.
You could paint the head board white...
I like the Tiffany wall!
Nice to see a sneak peek. Looking good!
it looks nice! and i like the bedspread also. when i ghetto-style re-did our bedroom a couple years ago i made a fabric headboard (we had previously done without and it was very dorm roomy of us). it was SUPER easy and probably was less than $50. i just went to home depot and picked up a piece of plywood and some super serious picture hangers and then caught joann's fabrics at a good sale and bought a 2" thick piece of thick foam and a couple yards of upholstery fabric and some quilt batting type of stuff and took to it all with the staple gun. the whole thing took less than an hour to put together. there are pics on my FB in the home improvement album. i say go for it! i'll never buy a headboard again! :)
Cool! I LOVE the colors! Quite a change from your purples. I love Ewok on the bed, makes it look like a 'magazine' picture. ;)
Post a Comment