Monday, October 1, 2012

Journal: Real Autumn

Out my window: Sunny, mid-40's.  The trees in my backyard are finally starting to really change.  Also, I can hear the high school band playing- it is loud.  But that is fine, I suspected this might happen when we moved next to a high school ;)

Clothing myself in: Black sweats, red hoodie.  Still need to walk this morning.

Around the house: Sigh.  Kind of messy. Not terrible, but not great, either.  Earlier in our marriage, a messy house didn't bother me so much.  Now....

The baby: Still pretty rough at night, though not as bad during the day, it seems.  Trade-offs, I guess.  He has also been vocalizing a lot lately.  Among favorites: "no", "um", something that sounds like i-DEE-a (emphasis on the DEE) and "eee-a, bee-a"

The kiddos: Issy and Isaac are off of school for the feast of St. Francis this Thursday.  I am looking forward to having all my littles around.

Crafting: About 3/4 of the way through the first sleeve of my sweater.  Getting there.

In the kitchen: We had the apples that we got from the orchard last weekend and me and the three small ones went to visit a friend in southern Wisconsin on Tuesday and got *more* apples from the little orchard in their yard.  So we had some serious apples.  And I picked up 2 1/2 lbs of cranberries from Cranfest over the weekend.  So we made applesauce.  And cranberry applesauce.  Yummy.  Thanks again, Angie, for having us down!

Bringing me joy: I love pretty much everything about this time of year- cooler days, apples, pumpkins, cranberries, baking, beautiful fall leaves.  We are in the thick of it.  Yesterday, we took the kids into the woods and we read and enjoyed the beauty of God's creation.

Thinking about: Getting fit.  This is causing some frustration in my life. And making me feel old.  And did I mention frustrating me? I just want to be comfortable in my own skin.  Currently, I am not.

Picture to share: Reading in the woods
 Trusty Kolbe sat by us and made sure we didn't get too rowdy.

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Cranberry applesauce sounds wonderful. I am quite envious. Did you can it, freeze it, or just make enough to eat it fresh?

Erin said...

I made just enough to eat fresh. I might give canning a try next year though.

Angie said...

You're always welcome to visit! I'm so glad that you made the trip! And you can can, will can, should can next year. ;-) I'll pass on my pot, can holder and meager wisdom. Plus you'll have the garden produce, too!

Angie said...

You're always welcome to visit! I'm so glad that you made the trip! And you can can, will can, should can next year. ;-) I'll pass on my pot, can holder and meager wisdom. Plus you'll have the garden produce, too!