Clothing myself in: Cloud pajama pants, purple long sleeve shirt and I was cold so I threw on a green sweater this morning. We will can this style Eclectic and pretend I did it on purpose, ok?
Around the house: Gonna have to step up the baby proofing again. There is a shelf of books in the living room that George will. not. leave. alone. So away the books go for a while. I desperately need to clean my floor. Like sweep and mop. I haaate to sweep and mop. It takes forever. I either have to confine the baby or work around him. And my mopping utensils are pretty unsatisfactory as of late. I have a swiffer, but I don't have pads so I use reuseable ones or old cloth diapers. Which is fine when it works, but sometimes it is a pain to situate. Not to mention, pretty much immediately after I sweep and mop, some kid (or grown man in work boots) tracks stuff all over the floor. Which I find frustrating. I tell myself that if I had a fancy steam mop that I might be able to keep on top of things better. Even I am not sure I believe me, at least not long term.
Oh my goodness, that is one rambly paragraph about mopping.
The baby: See above conundrum about having to move the books. It is funny, with Issy and Isaac, I could redirect them and distract them enough that we could leave books/ knick knacks and photo albums on lower book shelves. I thought this was because of my superior parenting. Then I had Liam, who was very difficult to redirect. And he would just go back to thing over. And over. And over. George isn't quite that tenacious but similar. So I will just move the books until he turns two or three. It just isn't worth the hassle.
Saying nigh night and waving is his big thing this week. So so cute.
The kiddos: Got costumes for the remainder of the children. Isabelle is going to be an Angel (and St. Lucy for their saint party at school) and Isaac is going to be Obi Wan Kenobi (and St. Joseph). Liam is going to be Darth Vader, I found our old Care Bear costume and that is what Adelle decided to be. And I think George is going to be a little clown. This costume was the first thing I sewed, when Issy was about 2 1/2. It looks adorable on him. Even people who dislike clowns will like this one.
Issy and Isaac are off of school on Thursday and Friday and Joe is off for All Saint's day (hooray for a Catholic employer!). Going to try to think up some saint activities for the little ones.
Crafting: 99% done with my charity knitting so I will get back to the sweater this week. I will. Planning on working on my peg dolls this week, too.
In the kitchen: I am currently roasting pumpkin seeds. On the menu: pork chops (I think I might make Joe go out in the cold to grill them- they are so tasty that way!) broiled Parmesan tilapia and Italian sausage soup.
Bringing me joy: Talking with Joe after a long day, how much joy the kids get out of dressing up, how adorable it is when George lays his head on Joe's shoulder, the way Adelle asks for kisses from Joe, Issy and Isaac before they leave in the morning.
Thinking about: The people in the path of the storm out East. Praying for their protection.
Pictures to share: Adelle "working outside" on Saturday morning.
Pumpkin carving!


4 comments:
The image of George pulling books out reminds me of when Nicholas used to do that at our old house. It also reminds of Issy crawling over to your tall shelf and looking at you like 'should I?' and then kindly leaving everything alone. ;)
What a great (and crafty/handy) husband you have!
Hm, how did I miss this on Monday...
"We will can this style Eclectic and pretend I did it on purpose, ok?" I am always so perturbed by those people who can throw on a random conglomeration of items from their wardrobes and look adorable. If I did that I would just look ridiculous. So not fair.
And HAHA on having to put the books up. I had super parenting skills like that with Gemma and then Kolbe came along and did things like break a big heavy candlestick thing we had on our TV stand. I read something somewhere that baby/toddler-proofing is no different than when we pray "lead us not into temptation" in the Our Father. It is better to just not lead our littles into temptations that they are not rationally capable of handling than telling them no a million times. Or maybe I just got lazy.
I don't know, and that was probably way too deep and long of a comment, but there you have it!
Have a fun Halloween...lots of excitement here!!!
And speaking of deep thoughts about mops, (you aren't the only one, check out my FB convo with Sarah), I like my Rubbermaid Reveal a lot. It is easy and was relatively inexpensive (around $20 at Sams).
I actually wrote most of it on Monday, Monica, but then my computer had an issue, so I didn't get around to finishing it and posting it until Tuesday.
Glad to know I am not the only one who has had to rearrange the house for littles. Let's not call it lazy, let's called it "relaxed" ;)
Yes, in some ways, Issy was tough as a first child, setting up unrealistic expectations that no other baby could live up to :)
Post a Comment