Clothing myself in: Pink sweatpants that I got when I was very very largely pregnant with Isaac and I had outgrown all of my maternity pants. K-State sweatshirt that was my Mom's. Not pretty clothes, but good memories associated with them.
Around the house: Conquered the kitchen and computer area floor. I ended up scrubbing on my hands and knees. White linoleum + high traffic area = yuck. I am going to have to check out the Rubbermaid Reveal, thanks for the recommendation, Monica! Perhaps my floor will get cleaned more often if it wasn't such an ordeal.
Joe worked in the woods on Saturday and Sunday, processing some oak that we had to cut down. The limbs will be burned and I think he is giving the larger pieces of wood to someone at work. I love how hard he works to make our land look beautiful.
The baby: He actually had a pretty good week. His two bottom molars are riiiight there. I expect the right one to break the skin any day now. We had our longest separation ever Saturday. I had the opportunity to go to a Women of Christ conference with some ladies from around Necedah. But it was West Bend, which is almost 3 hours from here, so we had to leave early and get back late. George lets Joe rock him to sleep pretty easily, and Joe felt confident that he could handle the five. I pumped so I wasn't uncomfortable but George did just fine. This week his words were oh no and all done. And he said Daddy this morning. He really loves Joe a lot.
The kiddos: Had a lot of fun on Halloween. We kept it pretty simple. Isaac got a tummy bug on Friday, which was a bummer. Liam got sick riiiight before I got home from the conference on Saturday night and Adelle got sick about two hours after that. Just waiting for George and Issy to get it. Being a parent and realistic, my goal is just to get it done with before Thanksgiving before we have guests.
Issy and Isaac have conferences on Friday. I am interested in what their teachers will say.
Crafting: I have about 20 minutes left to finish up my St. Kateri peg dolls. Going to get my paint for St. Patrick and start on him. So excited!
Need to mail my charity knitting. Oh, Sweater, I am going to have to confront you aren't I? It is like taking off a bandaid- ripping out all that work is painful but once it is done and I am able to fix it, it will be fine.
In the kitchen: No idea. Going to the store tomorrow. Need to make a menu tonight.
Bringing me joy: Feeling like this is home, getting to spend time with friends, my husband, Adelle falling asleep on Issy's lap.
Thinking about: The election tomorrow. Thy will be done.
Pictures to share:
Isaac and Issy had an All Saints party at school. St. Joseph and St. Lucy.
Blurry. Because she was jumping up and down, which is adorable.
Liam.
The light saber ended up in the stroller shortly after this.
There was a lot of enthusiasm from the little Care Bear.
He was rather serious. This look says, "You put me in this ridiculous get up and you aren't even going to give me candy, are you?"
5 comments:
Great pics. Always enjoy your updates. Your land and the general landscape up there (from what I've seen) is so beautiful. I am so happy you are feeling at home.
Blessings this week!!!
Sounds like a good week overall, excluding the sickies, that is. I must second Monica's Reveal Mop endorsement. I impulse bought one at Sam's after she initially recommended it, and it really does work extremely well. I had a Clorox RediMop/Swiffer Wet Jet, and the Reveal really is much better. So convenient.
I'm excited to see your peg dolls all done. I saw the pic on FB of all the completed ones for the "army" of saints, and it looks like a super cute project. I'm a bit envious, but know now is not the time to undertake something like that. Glad to hear it's feeling like "home" up there. We miss you down here, but so glad you're finding a niche of people up there that appreciate your family as much as we do :)
(Also sorry for the extreme lack of commenting. If it makes you feel any better, I'm as negligent in commenting on other peoples blogs as well. Just going through a bit of a silent phase, I suppose.)
So what is the 'charity knitting' you are working on, I keep wanting to ask you.
I love the pic of Issy jumping, she's so joyful.
So glad you got to get away and that you're making good friends, yay!
My mop is on it's way. NERD EXCITEMENT ALERT!
I am pretty excited about the peg dolls too. Maybe CM group could do it sometime when all the babies are born and things die down? Well, I suppose more babies could be on their way by then ;)
No worries about lack of commenting- I often read and intend on commenting on other people's blogs... and you know how it goes :)
I am not at liberty to share about the charity knitting yet, as it is a surprise. When it is all finished and put together, I hope to share then.
Will you post some pics of the peg dolls?!
And your kids are really so cute that sometimes I can't handle it. I make Ryan come from the other room to revel in said cuteness.
YOU WILL LOVE THE MOP!
Post a Comment