Sunday, January 25, 2009

In this post in November 2007 I shared a sock that I had completed. Over a year later, here is the pair. It is silly, really. I knit the cuff of the second sock, messed up after the heel and put it down for a loooong time. Last Saturday, I decided to fix the boo boo- I think it took about half and hour :P It only took a few days to finish the rest of the sock. And here is the finished product:


I decided that I wouldn't start any socks until those were finished, which led to a loooong break. To celebrate completing those, I decided to start some new socks. In this post from September 2007 you can see this yarn knit up. I decided that I didn't like that pattern with this yarn, so I decided to frog it. And I found the Spring Forward pattern instead and it seemed like a great pattern for the yarn. My first venture into lace knitting (albeit, a pretty simple pattern). It is going very well so far and I am determined not to get sidetracked by small mistakes. Here is my progress:

3 comments:

mary said...

and you said you didn't do lace. way to conquer a new skill. the socks look great. i'm impressed by the leg modeling it as well-looks shaven ; )see, you're not a totally hippy yet.

Michelle said...

Look at you flying through the new pair, they look great. Another pattern to add to my ravelry!

Erin said...

Yes, well, it isn't too complicated of a lace pattern- I have even been able to work on it while the kids are around. And yes, leg shaving has been I actually keep up. Armpits, meh....