We decided Labor Day morning to go ahead and take a day trip to Yellowstone. We went up through the South Entrance, and got to go through Grand Teton National Park, which was beautiful, as always. Stopped at Old Faithful, because even though we have gone there a lot of times, Joe has never done the geyser loop around it.

This is why we keep having kids- so we don't have to push the stroller ;)

Everyone wanted a chance to push the stroller. Until they didn't. Then Joe and I got to do it.

On the bridge. Joe was making sure that Liam wasn't going to leap. You know, in between taking pictures.

Apparently this spider didn't read the "Danger: Thermal Area" signs. So much for Spidey Senses. (I tried that joke out on Joe and he "booed" me, I hope someone here will appreciate it)

We got to see Castle Geyser erupt. Click
here for more info on Castle Geyser. It was pretty awesome.

Some very nice young man (that makes me sound like an old lady- he was actually probably my age) offered to take a picture of our family. Everyone was actually looking pleasant and in the same general direction, which is quite a feat. Just the Six of Us.

After Old Faithful, we grabbed some cookies and hot chocolate and drove down and sat by the Lewis? River. It was super gorgeous, if not a bit cool. We watched the fish jump out of the water and enjoyed twilight in Yellowstone. We got this fantastic picture of all our kiddos. I know I am biased, but I think they are adorable :)

Flying Baby Delle!

This made me a little nervous, but it was a cute picture. After Joe took the shot, I had him pull the child back, lest he hop in.

Shortly after this picture, Issy told me she had decided to spell her name with Z's instead of S's. I asked why and she said, "Because you say it Izzzzzy" and I tried to explain that her name was Isabelle, with and S and that was why we choose to spell it with an S. Although she has a point. We decided not to decide about that. Smart little cookie though.
6 comments:
Beautiful pictures! I can't wait for it to cool down here so we can go hiking again ( we even went on Christmas last year)! However, we have nothing to compare the beautiful landscape there! Your children are beautiful!
I may be bit partial too but I really like that picture. You and Joe show God's beauty well through your family :)
I love the pictures of the 4 kids together and the one of Adelle in the air. I can't wait to meet Adelle, she is growing so much and she is beautiful!
love love love the pic of the kiddos. my goodness-you and joe make such beautiful babes. the family pic is a really good one too. (thought the spidey joke was HILARIOUS by the way.)
Thanks guys!
Mary took all of my comments, darn it. :) But yes, I liked the Spidey joke, so "boo" on Joe! ;) And I think your family is beautiful - everyone is biased to their own, but yours are especially gorgeous. And I like Issy's thinking! (but I like the spelling-ness of yours, too!) :D
Post a Comment