Friday, September 11, 2009

Moose Creek Trail

Also on Labor Day, Adelle and I woke up while the rest of the house was still sleeping, so we sneaked (a grammar note: Firefox won't let me put the word "snuck". Why? is it really sneaked?) out and took what amounted to about a 3 mile hike. It was gorgeous and invigorating. Moose Creek Ranch is right before you get to Moose Creek and apparently they were herding sheep that day because as we were getting out of the car, we were greeted by this sight:

Then the sheep got closer. And looked at us like *we* had lost *our* minds.
So we let the sheep pass and went on our way.Adelle at the beginning of our hike. Very bright eyed. This didn't last long. She has never stayed awake longer than 20 minutes in the wrap. It apparently makes her sleepy. It was a little chilly (about 50 degrees) so I left her in her sleeper and she was nicely and cuddly warm snuggled up to me.I was showing Adelle the trail that we took when I was in labor with her. She was enthralled.

The rest of these are just some nature shots that I thought were beautiful. Touches of autumn are starting to show up.









4 comments:

Monica said...

Oh, your pictures your pictures your pictures. It is the next best thing to living in Idaho I guess. I get all schmaltzy whenever I read your posts like this, I just can't imagine having such views, such nature, in my backyard literally. I mean, for heavens sake, we have the neighborhood playground behind our house. And a pond. And the pond is nice, I would prefer this to looking into my neighbor's kitchen. But even so...

Thanks for sharing!

Michelle said...

Great pictures, I almost feel like I'm there. Wow that was a whole lotta sheep!

pianomanda said...

It's so amazing to see the profoundness of God's creations in all of that! I know Kansas has it's "stuff" too, but there's just so much to look at in Idaho!!! Thanks for sharing :)

Erika Marie said...

I can almost smell and feel the fresh air :)