Thursday, May 20, 2010

It's birthday time!

...but not for the humans- for Marmot and Raccoon, Bunny and Puppy, Ruthie and Kit. Issy told me the other day that it was Kit and Ruthie's birthday, made up a party invitation and asked if we could make a treat for them. Of course, the boys decided their toys needed a birthday party, too.

Watching the cupcakes bake:
Isaac wanted blue frosting
Liam wanted green
Cupcakes all decorated and ready to eat. Happy birthday, Toys!
For those interested, I made the Joy of Baking Vanilla Cupcake recipe and it was delicious! I made a half recipe of the frosting and it was just the right amount for 12 cupcakes.

7 comments:

Dana said...

When we will be celebrating their family birthday? Can you tell me what they want-it is so hard to buy for toys:)

mary said...

such a good momma. when do the other 737 stuffed animals get their parties? i'll try to come over on one of those days ; )

Erin said...

The toys want cash :D

Erika Marie said...

how fun! I agree with Mary-you're such a good momma for actually humoring them with this.
Isaac looks like such a big boy in that picture with the blue cupcakes.

Erin said...

What can I say? Any excuse to make cupcakes is good with me!

pianomanda said...

I really love Isaac's hair!!!

Erin said...

Sigh. Joe wanted the boys to get haircuts- I miss my little Isaac's curls.