Friday, May 21, 2010

We bake bread. And learn. And look cute.

The kiddos watching the yeast foam up in the warm water. I didn't pose this, they just find yeast very interesting.
And here is the fruits of our (my) labor.
We like to share. Issy was giving some to Adelle here.
Liam really likes "doing school" like the big kids. I got him a couple of little workbooks at the dollar store. He is tracing letters here- he has a pretty steady hand already!
The big kids building with the Math U See manipulatives . I had been very by the book, only letting them use them at math time, but I figured that building with them (knowing that it takes a 9 block and a 1 block to fit on a 10 block) would be a fun learning activity.
Watching Liam trace his letters, so serious:
But not really :)

2 comments:

Monica said...

Enjoying all the updates of late. Looks like you're all having fun learning together. What a blessing.

Elizabeth said...

Your kids truly are adorable. When I looked at this post earlier Melanie was checking out the pictures and asking "Who is that?" when I told her she said "They should come see us at our house and play with us." So now even my daughter is inviting you guys to come over. Not too sure how you're going to avoid that one ;)

And I'm rather envious of your evenly sliced bread. Mine never looks that nice. Kudos to you.