A couple of weeks ago, in search of some nature, we went out to Lake Afton on a Sunday afternoon. Sweet baby girls:
Alternate post title: Fake it till you make it.
You know that old saying: "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all"? Well, that would explain the absence of blogging. I am just struggling with Kansas. Oh, Kansas. How I love the people you hold and yet how you taunt me with your flatness and suburban sprawl and your lack of woods to wonder through.
7 comments:
Hang in there Erin. And if all else fails- don't forget how nice the woods and lakes and bluffs and rivers are in Wisconsin. ;-) You'd always be welcome here, too. Hehe!
I'm sorry Erin :( While I've never lived anywhere else, I have always dreamed of somewhere with mountains and trees and beautiful places right out my backyard. But I have the same conundrum, the people I love the most are here. And Michael would never consider living anywhere else :( So I feel a small, minute, little bit of your pain. Hang in there!
I felt that way after we lived on our own in Missouri, just after being married. Out in the middle of beautiful nowhere... but yet, it's the people here. You hit the nail on the head. I'll have to see if I can seek out some pretty nature spots for you here to ease the pain a bit ;)
okay- we have trees and are fire friendly over here. and the walk across the field is pretty and nature-y in a grasslands sort of way. and you have bathroom access. i'm just sayin'. (but sad you're having a hard time.)
i often feel the same way about some of the places i've lived--all of them actually, but a few in particular...the north georgia mtns., austria...i really miss hiking. we have a book called hiking in kansas (i know, "ha ha") if you ever want to take a gander. i bet you guys would like elk city/independence.
Erin-maybe you guys could do little weekend or day trips around Kansas to some of the places like Patty suggests. Or you could just go get lost in Pawnee Prairie in the evening when the deer are out...
Patty-you lived in Austria? I'm so j...happy for you :)
Would love to borrow the book, Patty. Joe tried walking through Pawnee Prairie a couple evenings last month, but unfortunately got some poison ivy. Thank you all for your support. I try not to be too whiny about it, it just does weigh heavily on my mind quite often.
Post a Comment