My friend Karen tagged me so here it is:
The rules of the game are simple - if you get tagged, you have to list 8 facts about yourself that people might otherwise not know. So here it goes!
1) The first real job i had was at a little jewelry shop called Afterthoughts. I worked about 15 hours a week and got to pierce ears. Yes, they let a 17-year-old pierce ears. My training? Using the piercing gun a couple of times on a little foam piece. And then i got to practice on a willing co-worker. There was this very eccentric lady that came in often to get her ears pierced. At some juncture, she had had her ears pierced so many times by us that we had to start turning her away because there just wasn't room left.
2) I dislike sleeping in a closed sleeping bag. I hate it when my legs aren't free to move, even if i don't need them to. Honestly, just looking at those mummy sleeping bags makes me a little queasy.
3) I would really like to be a homebirth midwife someday. Now is definitely not the time for it with the kids so little. Just being a doula has demonstrated to me how much time and effort goes into being on-call and i know that i can't deprive my kids of me right now. And i know that i need to grow and have more life experience. But when the kids are grown, that is my dream.
4) I met my hubby for the first time when we were 15, at the fall Homecoming dance our freshman year. I asked one of my friend's boyfriends to find a guy for me to dance with. So he introduced me to this tall guy with braces that he was in choir with. He stepped on my toes a couple of times and didn't talk to me much during our dance. Little did i know that a few years later we would become dear friends, and then more than friends, and then- husband and wife.
5) I still feel like a teenager. For some reason (perhaps because most of my closest friends are people i went to high school with) i still think of myself as not being very far out of high school. I think to myself, "well, that was when i was 18, not that long ago" and then i remember i have been out of high school for over 7 years, i have gotten married and had three babies in that time. Oh, and the time when it really hits closest to home that i am not a teenager anymore is when i hang out with kids in high school. Then i feel realllly old.
6) I got my belly button pierced when i was 18. A few months before my 18th birthday, i decided i was going to get it pierced and told my Mom as such. I don't think she believed me, so i would tell her every so often and she said that was fine as long as i paid for it. So a couple weeks after i turned 18, i hauled my skinny little tush down to the piercers and did it. I felt so rebellious. It is by far, the most daring thing i have ever done. By far. I took it out a year later. Now it has a large stretch mark coming from the top of it.
7) I would still like to get a tattoo, i am just trying to decide on what. If i am committing to something forever, i want it to be something i am going to like forever. I think that this might be part of my quarter-life crisis.
8) I was extremely neurotic as a child. I watched a movie when i was about six about cloning and then the clone turned out evil and was following the person. So for several years i was afraid that i had an evil clone following me. When i would walk into a dark room, i would turn around quickly to see if anyone was behind me. We went on a camping trip when i was in the 5th grade and i was terrified that the thing that was holding our stuff on the top of the car was going to fall off. It did, actually and i felt vindicated. When we would leave our campsite during the day, i was afraid that people were going to come take our things. So, yes, extremely neurotic. Luckily, it has mostly worn off. Either that, or i control it better now :D
Tagged:
Mishysquishy
Dana
Supermom
1 comment:
I really like yours. I need to think about mine and then I will do mine. Look for it in a couple of days.
Post a Comment