Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Some knitting

I took a break from knitting my sweater to work on a few things for Adelle that needed some working on. I started this sweater in um, like... March? February? I know I was working on it when I went to Wichita in March, it has been a while. Such a cute pattern, but then I put it down and didn't feel motivated to finish it, but I picked it back up this weekend and ta da! The pattern is here: The Seamless Kimono Sweater

She has started to outgrow her newborn sized soakers (um, actually, so *started* outgrowing them a while ago, but I have been yanking them on anyways) so I have started to knit some bigger ones for her. She is appreciative.
Michelle gave me some longies that she had knit for Annika, but she doesn't quite fit in them yet. And since it will soon be longies weather, I needed to make some for the interim- and here is my first pair. Love the color!
Here she is modeling them. I was taking too long to get ready for our hike, so she fell asleep on the bed waiting for me.

4 comments:

Monica said...

So tell me, FB message me or something, when you have the time, what the advantage is to the soakers over a dipe cover. I've been fairly happy with the Thirsties. A leak here or there but nothing terrible, but you've got me curious.

Very cute, by the way.

Michelle said...

Erin I love that sweater, sooo beautiful! She looks very cute in her new longies too.

Monica here is a good blog post that explains wool.
http://daisyheadcreations.blogspot.com/2009/02/wonders-of-wool_23.html

Monica said...

Interesting!! Thanks, Michelle. That told me just what I needed to know.

pianomanda said...

I adore the sweater! I would totally pay you to make one for Ellie! Knitting just doesn't go well with my crocheting-apt hands - tried it. :( And I LOVE the last picture, which has to be Issy's sweet hand touching Adelle's foot! So darling!!