Friends and siblings have been blogging about their gardening efforts lately and I have been inspired to make some positive changes around here. It isn't really practical to garden given our circumstances right now, but I came across the One Small Change blog and decided to try it.
I like the idea of recycling, but have felt really daunted by the prospect, so I am going to try to take it one step at a time. This month, I am going to start recycling glass and then in subsequent months add other things (paper, etc.)
If you would like to participate, too, just click the button on the left column of my blog and it will take you to the site.
4 comments:
it took me a little while to get used to it but it's become more of a habit now to throw recycleable items in the recycling instead of the trash. I have 2 plastic tubs in the garage that I throw things into and then give it to my mom (who has the recycling service) whenever it gets full.
for me, it's about not wasting something could be reused and yet still keeping clutter out of my house (and the landfills as well I suppose)
Do you not have RecycleBank available thru your trash service? It is fabulous. Only a few more bucks a month and you don't have to sort any of it, just throw it all in the same bin. Ours is thru WasteConnections, and I think WasteManagement has a similar deal.
Recylcing really makes me feel like I'm doing my best to be a better steward of our God-given resources.
We have Lies and they don't offer it, to the best of my knowledge, they don't offer it. This has long been on my heart to do, but just kept putting it off, so it is good to get started!
GOOD FOR YOU!!!!!!
Post a Comment