I am having knitting issues. This is my list of projects that are currently being worked on, or not being worked on as the case might be. Let me explain....

A LTK Raglan in the Round for Liam. I am making matching sweaters for the boys and Issy is getting a complimentary sweater in different colors. I started on it and was working gung-ho for several days. I got to the neck decreases, accidentally decreased wrong in a couple of spots (ssk where i was supposed to k2tog and vice versa). I am trying to decide what to do. Here are my options (1) Ignore it and move on, accepting that part of the charm of hand knit things is that they aren't completely perfect. (2) See if i can fix it without ripping out two rows and putting them back on the needles or (3) Rip out two rows and put it back on the needles. I have enough self-knowledge to know that i will do number one eventually, but i haven't gotten to that point yet.


This little mistake is particularly distressing. I measured Issy. I did a gauge. I used a pattern that you can customize to your gauge/measurements. So why is it ridiculously big? Because either i was super relaxed when i was knitting the pattern or i was very tense knitting my gauge because my gauge was way off. Now, the silliest part is this.... a few rows into it, i was thinking "gosh that looks big" Did i check to see if i was making gauge? No. Note to self: if it seems like the item is knitting up big, check your measurements sooner. I am ripping the whole thing out and starting over. And hopefully knitting with more even tension this time.

Second sock syndrome. Enough said.


Ahhhh, this i actually feel pretty good about. I decided to rip out the Curly Purly Kimono and use a different cast-on because it was curling a lot. It looks much better this way. Now i just need to make the front.

I got this yarn on Thursday and had to knit it right away. It is Lindon merino dyed in the (retired) Grady colorway from Three Irish Girls. It is such a cool yarn. Soft and yet feels very sturdy. I like the colorway, it makes me think of smores. They should be finished in the next couple of days.

And the ADD continues. I got this BFL dyed by Wooly Wonders by Nada in the Chili Peppers and Wild Kingdom colorways. They are going to be soakers for Liam, though i haven't decided what pattern to use yet. This will probably get started before some of the other objects in this post are finished. Because that is the kind of girl i am :D
2 comments:
Oh Erin, so glad you posted this! I didn't think you ever made mistakes. This makes me feel like my picky pant problem is fixable..maybe. :-/
But, I am sorry about all your troubles..i'm sure it's very distressing.
I am lusting after your very yummy yarns. I love the new WWBN colors you got. I love your 3 Irish Girls yarn and it totally does remind me of smores. I love how the raglan sweater is knitting up, the colors are great. I personally don't think that the error with the decreases will be noticeable because its such a lovely sweater. Good luck on getting Issy's pants started again and well the second sock will happen soon I can feel it. Off to update my blog since its been awhile.
Post a Comment